If you apply for a specific job through a temp agency, the questions will largely gauge how well you fit the job. On the one hand, this is based on 'hard' criteria, such as:
- Can you get to the workplace easily?
- Can you work according to the schedule of that job?
- Do you speak the language necessary for the job?
- Can you work with the machines or programs that the company uses?
Hard criteria are criteria that the company cannot deviate from. In other words: things that you must be able to do, because you wouldn't be able to work that job. And if there are hard criteria, then there are soft ones too. These often involve skills that are useful, but not a must, or that can still be learned on the job.
Because a temp agency works with different companies, a consultant will often ask some general questions, such as:
- What time schedule can you work in?
- What are your strong points?
- What motivates you?