In most cases yes, since you can perform most jobs with an temp contract. So it pretty much depends on why you are looking for work.
- Are you looking for a permanent job?
Temporary agency work is a good stepping stone for a permanent job. Many companies choose to start new employees with a temporary employment contract, and only offer a permanent contract later on. If you choose a job under a temporary employment contract with "option temporary to permanent", then you may receive a permanent contract after a successful temporary assignment.
- Are you looking for a temporary job?
Thanks to temp work you are flexible, because you always work with temporary contracts. If you clearly tell your temp consultant in advance how long you would like to work, he or she will be able to find something that will work for you.
There were a total of 693,029 temporary workers in 2019.
- 60.8% men and 39.2% women
- 43% worked as employees, and 57% worked as labourers
- 66.5% worked in Flanders, 25.8% worked in Wallonia, and 7.7% worked in Brussels
- 8.1% were younger than 21 years, 42.2% were between 21 and 30 years, 31% between 31 and 45 years, and 18.7% were older than 45 years.
Do you want more information about this? Check out Federgon's "temporary worker in 2020" survey.